I want to ask a question… When you guys watch a news report or read an article in a newspaper or a magazine, how do you react? I don’t mean how do you react in front of your fellowship members, or in front of your parents… I mean, what is your gut reaction?
At home, while waiting for my normal TV shows, I used to have to sit with my mum in the living room sometimes and watch the news with her. And because of the way I reacted to certain headlines and stories, she would turn to me and give me that Is-it-possible-there-was-a-switch-at-the-hospital-and-this-demon-spawn-is-not-my-child? look… either that or she waits till I’m asleep then creeps into my room in the middle of the night and shaves the back of my head in search of any numbers.
Now that I’m away from home, I have this friend who keeps saying I’m evil… so I’ve really started wondering.
I decided that we are going to carry out a fun little exercise this morning to test our inner evil. I’m going to give you a few scenarios and you are to pick an answer based on a scale of 1 to 10 of possible reactions. If your answer is:
1 – Your reaction is genuine sadness. You feel terrible and even take out time to pray for the victims/persons involved.
5 – You feel a bit sad for the person/victim and you think he/she should’ve known better. Still, you choose not to judge him/her.
8 – You think to yourself, “…and I thought I was stupid.”
10 – You are ROFLYFAO!!!!
So, here we go…. I’ll be taking the test with you. Good luck!
1. You pick up a newspaper and see the headlines “50 YOUTHS FRIED LIKE BURNT PLANTAIN CHIPS AFTER AN EXPLOSION AT THE SITE OF PIPELINE VANDALISATION”. (My ans. 8)
2. You log into Yahoo and see an article, “Victim of Gang Rape Dies in Hospital After Battling Internal Injuries.” (My ans. 1)
3. Your friend is openly dating a married man, who spends ridiculous amounts of money on her and her three kids. She calls you late one night from a hospital and tells you that she was robbed and beaten to a pulp on her way back from their romantic getaway. She can’t see with her right eye. (My ans. 11)
4. You’re listening to your radio and there’s breaking news, “3 Dead and 56 others injured during Dame Patience’s speech.” (My ans. 9… they knew the dangers, why did they still go and listen to her speak?)
5. Your ex-boyfriend (the one who cheated on you with everyone except your mum and your sister) is now married. He overheard his 13 year old daughter on the phone telling her bible study teacher that she will “take his banana till she goes Yo!”. Now he’s confused because there are so many exotic fruits in the house and he doesn’t understand why she has to beg for bananas outside? (My ans. 12)
6. You had a dream that on his way to court, Yusuf (of the pension fund) had a stroke and suffered paralysis in every part of his body except his lips. He was able to move his lips enough to whisper his ATM pin after which he slipped into a coma and died. (My ans. 13)
Now, tally up your scores (obviously, the higher your score, the “eviler” you are)… I scored 54 out of 60. That’s 90% 🙁
Feel free to share your scores with the rest of us… no one here is going to judge you. If you are too ashamed of it, you can fake a score. No one is giving out any prizes either, so it really doesn’t matter.
After analyzing my results, I still don’t think I’m evil. I think I just react the way people WANT to react when no one is looking. Plus, I’m a big believer in that bitch called Karma.
Yes, nobody is perfect and nobody has a right to judge anyone else (least of all me), but aren’t you guys sick and tired of all the foolishness in the world today?
Let’s enjoy our week… 😉